The EHRS Board awards travel grants to support early career scientists and clinicians to attend our conferences. Information about previous recipients can be found on the past conference pages.
EHRS Travel Grants 2022
The European Hair Research Society (EHRS) Board awards travel grants to support early career scientists and clinicians to attend our conferences. This year, for the First Barcelona Hair Meeting, 29th September – 1st October, the EHRS is offering travel grants to facilitate attendance at the meeting. Grants are awarded to encourage attendance by younger investigators, who are submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation at the meeting. The grant of 500 Euros is designed to help cover the applicants’ travel, hotel and/or other expenses. The EHRS will also provide complimentary conference registration to travel grant winners.
This year we have 10 grants available. Of these, 5 will preferentially be awarded to Ukrainian Hair Research Society members.
Information for Applicants
- Young investigators working in Europe are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will go to those in early career scientific and clinical positions (including but not limited to undergraduates, PhD students, residents, 1st/2nd year postdoctoral scientists) who demonstrate financial need.
- If the applicant is not currently a member of the EHRS, membership fees will be deducted from the awarded amount.
- Awards will be conditional on the abstract being accepted by the meeting organizers.
- The deadline to apply for an EHRS Travel Grant is 5pm UK time on May 16th Please do not leave until the last minute to prepare and submit your application. NB The abstract deadline is May 15th 2022.
Submit your abstract at the following web link: First Barcelona Hair Meeting. Please do NOT register for the meeting. If you are awarded a travel grant, we will organise registration on your behalf. If you are not awarded a travel grant, assuming you have submitted an abstract you can register at the reduced registration rate up until September 1st.
Submit your travel grant application by emailing Yuval Ramot <email@example.com>with the required documents.
The awards will be decided by the EHRS board and notification will be confirmed by email by May 30th 2022.
The EHRS Secretary will announce the successful grant recipients during the General Assembly on Friday September 30th 2022. Awardees are requested to attend the General Assembly to receive their certificates.
Applications process Please submit the following documents compiled into A SINGLE PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘EHRS2022 Travel Grant’ written in the subject line.
- A short letter (200 words) explaining why this candidate is eligible and entitled for this grant. If you are a UHRS member please indicate this within this letter.
- A copy of the submitted abstract indicating if it is submitted for an oral/poster presentation.
- Short Curriculum Vitae (2pg max).
- A supporting letter from the candidate’s supervisor.