The EHRS Board awards travel grants to support early career scientists and clinicians to attend our conferences. Information about previous recipients can be found on the past conference pages.
EHRS Travel Grants 2020
This year, for the 19th meeting of the EHRS, 18th-20th June 2020, the EHRS is offering travel grants worth 500 Euros each to facilitate attendance at the meeting. Grants are awarded to encourage attendance by younger investigators, who are submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation at the meeting. The grant is designed to help cover the applicants’ travel, hotel and/or other expenses. The EHRS will also provide complimentary conference registration to travel grant winners.
Information for Applicants
- Young investigators working in Europe are strongly encouraged to apply. Preference will go to those in early career scientific and clinical positions including undergraduates, PhD students, residents, 1st/2nd year postdoctoral scientists or individuals who demonstrate financial need.
- If the applicant is not currently a member of the EHRS, membership fees will be deducted from the awarded amount.
- Awards will be conditional on the abstract being accepted by the meeting organizers.
- The deadline to apply for an EHRS Travel Grant is 5pm UK time on March 20th 2020. Please do not leave until the last minute to prepare and submit your application. NB Travel grant and abstract deadline are the same day.
Submit your abstract at the following web link: https://www.ehrs2020.org/abstracts
Submit your travel grant application by emailing Secretary@ehrs.org with the required documents.
The awards will be decided by the EHRS board and notification will be confirmed by email by April 3rd 2020.
The EHRS Secretary will announce the successful grant recipients during the General Assembly on Friday June 19th 2020. Awardees are requested to attend the General Assembly to receive their certificates.
Please submit the following documents compiled into A SINGLE PDF to Secretary@ehrs.org with ‘EHRS2020 Travel Grant’ written in the subject line.
- A short letter (200 words) explaining why this candidate is eligible and entitled for this grant.
- A copy of the submitted abstract indicating if it is submitted for an oral/poster presentation.
- Short Curriculum Vitae (2pg).
- A supporting letter from the candidate’s supervisor.