The EHRS Board awards travel grants to support early career scientists and clinicians to attend our conferences.
EHRS TRAVEL GRANTS 2017
The European Hair Research Society (EHRS) is offering travel grants of 700 euros for the 10th World Congress for Hair Research will be held from October 31 to November 3, 2017 in Kyoto, Japan.
Grants are awarded to encourage attendance by younger investigators working usually in Europe, who are submitting an abstract for oral or poster presentation. The grant is designed to help cover the applicants’ travel, hotel or other expenses. The EHRS will provide up to five complimentary registrations to travel grant winners from our society.
Information for Applicants
- Young investigators (students, registrars and early career scientists, clinicians) working in Europe are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Travel grants will be given this year only to EHRS members.
- Awards will be conditional on the abstract being accepted by the meeting organizers.
- The deadline to apply for an EHRS Travel Grant is July 30th, 2017. Please do not leave until the last minute to prepare and submit your application.
NB Abstract deadline is July 14th, 2017 (Japan Standard Time)
The awards will be decided by the EHRS board and notification will be confirmed by August 4th, 2017.
- The EHRS Secretary will announce the successful grant recipients during the General Assembly. Awardees are strongly requested to attend the General Assembly and the Closing Ceremony.
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name, address and contact details (e-mail).
- A copy of the submitted abstract.
- Short Curriculum Vitae.
- A short letter (200 words) explaining why this candidate is entitled for this grant.
- A supporting letter from the candidate’s supervisor.
In 2016 we had 9 Travel Grants available, for attendance at the 17th meeting of the EHRS held in Tbilisi, Georgia.
Travel Grants + registration fees were awarded to::
-Anna Khaldeieva, Ukraine
-Eva Katharina Barbosa Pfannes, Germany
-Maria Abril Martínez Velasco, Mexico
-Vered Molho-Pessach, Israel
-Maria Teresa Romano, Germany
-Eddy Hsi Chun Wang, USA
-Marcelo De Souza Teixeira, Brazil
-Olga Selezneva, Russia
-Norma Vazquez, Mexico
In 2015 we awarded Travel Grants and Registration fees for attendance at the 9th WCHR held in Miami, Florida.
Travel grants + registration fee from the WCHR were awarded to:
-Serena Buscone, UK
-Vera Kanti, Germany
-Anna Lyakhovitsky, Israel
-Helena Topouzi, Cyprus/UK
Registration fees for residents were awarded to:
-Karzan Ghafur Khidhir, Kurdistan
-Francesco Tassone, Italy
-Hugh Rushton, UK
-Yuval Ramot, Israel
-Beren Atac, Germany
-Iain Haslam, UK